Become a Phlebotomy Technician!
This program is designed to instruct the student in the professional field of Phlebotomy. This program will encompass the administrative and clinical duties of a Phlebotomist. The Phlebotomy Technician program prepares students to draw blood from adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients for the purposes of clinical laboratory analysis.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will proficiently perform the following:
- Proper site preparation and collection of capillary and venous specimens utilizing a variety of collection techniques
- Proper labeling of patient specimens
- Preparation of specimens for transport to the laboratory to insure stability of the sample
- Proper use of universal precautions
- Promoting good public relations with patients and personnel
- Logging specimens into the laboratory
- Processing of laboratory specimens
Students will learn theory and principles relating to blood collection during the didactic portion of their program, will practice blood collection skills in the student laboratory, and will gain proficiency in the performance of these skills during the externship portion of this program.
Employment opportunities include:
- Physicians’ offices
- Other health care settings
Upon successful completion of the program the student will be eligible to take the National Phlebotomy Certification Examination. This program is designed for 35 weeks (30 weeks full-time externship, 35 weeks part-time externship. Full-time/part-time externship is site dependent). Externship without remuneration is required for this program. Participation in externship in no way implies or suggests employment for the student.
If you have questions or would like learn more about our Phlebotomy Technician program, fill out our contact form or call us at 541-779-8384 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We look forward to hearing from you today!