Develop Your Career with Our Dental Assistant Program
This program is designed to instruct the student in the professional field of Dental Assisting. The program will encompass the administrative and clinical duties for the front and back office, prepare students for the Oregon Board of Dentistry’s written exam in expanded functions for the chair-side dental assistants (EFDA). To be EFDA certified in Oregon, dental assistants must successfully complete all of the requirements for Pathway III that requires students to:
- Have an Oregon Radiologic Proficiency Certificate;
- Pass the Oregon Basic Dental Assisting Exam (ORB);
- Pass the Oregon Expanded Functions: General Dental Assisting Exam (ORXG);
- Provide certification from a licensed dentist stating the applicant has completed clinical requirements.
This program will include dental radiology in which students may be eligible to become certified through the Oregon Board of Dentistry and DANB.
The student will learn skills such as:
- Telephone techniques
- Computer and typing skills
- Dental insurance billing and coding
- Laboratory skills
- Chair-side Assisting
- Autoclaving and sterilization techniques
- Setting up dental anesthetics
- Tooth morphology
- Dental terminology
- Much more
This program is designed for 35 weeks (30 weeks full-time externship, 35 weeks part-time externship. Full-time/part-time externship is site dependant). Participation in externship in no way implies or suggests employment for the student. Externship without remuneration is required.
Employment opportunities include:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental front office positions
- Lab positions
- Dental insurance billing positions.
Questions? Find Out More!
If you have questions or would like to learn more about our Dental Assistant program, fill out our contact form or call us at 541-779-8384 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Contact us today!